martes, 18 de junio de 2019

A band


My music style is super varied, but I prefer rock in general. Most frecuently, I like punk, hardcore, indie rock and some grunge. In every style, I used to listen to The Cure, The Clash, Joy Division, Bloc Party, Foals, Title Fight, Basement,Black Flag, Bad Brains, and a lot more...

Right now I’m listening Cage The Elephant, their last álbum is amazing. I saw them 2 times, in 2012 and 2017 (both in Lollapalooza). They are an indie-alternative rock band from United States, but they started his carrer as a band in London in 2006. Indie rock is a genre of music that borne in US and UK, and is similar to alternative rock and some grunge, wanting to broke the “mainstream” music of the decades (in 90´s specifically) improving a counter-cultural meaning. When this genre emerged into the comercial industry, bands like The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, The Hives and White Stripes leaded the genre in 00´s, now playing a “back to basics” versión of guitar.

The influences of Cage The Elephant are Pixies, Nirvana, QOTSA, and have similar sounds with Portugal. The Man. They released five albums, their last is called Social Clues (you need to listen this). His concerts are marked by his energic way to play his songs, totally different from his álbum (at least on my experience), having similar vibes as the concerts of Queens Of the Stone Age, another phenomenal band.





I attached a video of his performance in Chile, in 2017; when Matt (the vocalist) turns crazy.






1 comentario: