viernes, 24 de mayo de 2019

Hi everyone,

Today i'm gonna talk about climbing/hiking hills and mountains, maybe my favourite hobbie right now. I started in the last year when we paralized our classes in May. I was in my house doing anything everyday, so I decided to climb a hill called "El carbón", in Santiago. I liked the experience, and becomes an usual activity of my weekends. This activity (or sport for others) needs a lot of implements, that depends on the climatic conditions and the altitude of the mountain, but the basics are the trekking shoes, comfortable clothes, and sunscreen. But if it's raining, snowing, or even if you need more than one day to make your expedition, you need to changes your implements in your backpack, with more specific instruments. In 5 months I climbed a lot of hills nearly of Santiago, and the highest one was "Cerro Provincia", and also was the most strenous; almost 10 hours hiking into the hills to reach the summit, but anyway.. after the injuries and bad times, was an amazing experience (the summit was snowy).
The implements that you need, if you go to the high mountains (what I want in a few years), are a good helmet, crampons for the ice, ice ax, good ropes and specialized clothing for the freezing conditions. When the conditions are more hard, your entire implements can change, you need to adapt to the conditions.

I attached a photo reaching the summit of "Cerro Pochoco", after a snowfall.



7 comentarios: